Thursday, October 27, 2005

On What's Up: The Good And The Bad For The Ugly.

The Good:
1- I'll be seeing Abuelita Lila soon! She's heading over from Panamá with Mom and she should be staying here for several months. I hear that there's also a distinct chance that I'll get a visit from my Aunt Inez, also.
2- On the way home from work, after a really shitty Tuesday, I managed to catch a 30 minute block of Prince music on the radio. The nice thing about this block was that, thanks to Magic 106.0, I enjoyed some radio rarities such as Controversy. Hell yeah! That is one funky lil' dude!
3- Depeche Mode's "John The Revelator."
4- CoV is launching very soon. I'm eager to spend some time being naughty. Tee hee!
5- One of my brothers, Harley Keith, called me last night. We spent about an hour or so on the phone talking about his life and mine, his plans and mine and I realized how much I miss that. Note to self: Call them more often, dammit.
6- I finally decided on a frickin' costume. Despite my initial urges to dress up as "Angry Guy with Aluminum Bat" I settled on something a tad less....me. I have a pair of khaki cargo shorts and a khaki shirt already... so the costume required little investment. All I needed to go buy was a blonde wig (I chose the "mullet-cut" for it's obvious qualities.) With accessories such as rubber snakes and an inflatable alligator raft, I'll be able to don the disguise of the Crocodile Hunter. Crickey!!! Now I just need to stick my thumb up something's bum.... that'll really piss it off!
7- One Block Radius' "Black Mercedes."
The Bad:
1- Work is becoming more like work everyday and that makes me sick considering that once upon a time I liked my job. Between the games being played in the corporate office and the lack of return for my efforts at work, I feel like there's no point in putting forth any further investment. I'm not seeing the value in interacting with other departments, other centers or other trainers.
2- I haven't been to the gym at all this week and I feel like a sack of rotten potatoes. I started using the facilities for something other than it's pool the week before last and I think it might have something to do with my general dissinterest. I'm going to stick to the a pool-only policy for a little while and not overdue it. I don't want "blah" mood to hit it, it's been the downfall to all of my previous weight-management efforts.
3- The fish I ate last night didn't settle well with me. If it weren't for the fact that we are short handed at work, I'd probably be at home by now.

No comments: