Thursday, February 16, 2006

On The Enemy: Gym, It's Not Just For Meatheads Anymore.

I hate gym scum.
I'm not talking about the rare breed of human that literally lives at their local fitness temple pulsing with crack-like addiction and go-go juice running through their veins. I'm taking about the asshole that looks down on anyone else that trespasses into their nautilus machine, freeweight infested territory and doesn't happen to have the "gym look."
My first reaction was to turn around and leave the place. To hell with my weight and the fact that it's killing me to walk around like this. To hell with the cost I'm paying for the use of the gym. To hell with all of it, I'd rather just avoid the awkward, embarassing experience by walking away.
Not today.
I'm there for a reason and I'm going to do what needs to be done, meat-heads be damned. It's nice to know that management felt the same way as I did. Now it looks like some asshole is going to be working out at a different time or needs find himself another temple.

2 comments:

PHRED said...

I totally missed this post. What the hell happened? Was it Awful Waffle "I'm just callin' it how I see it" scenario?

Bryan said...

Yes, Actually.
Some Jock was making comments about me when I was on my way to the pool. Then when I started using the bike, he continued. I let the manager know about it and it was handled.

I'm done letting them make me feel like shit.