I'm surfing through channels and I hit the low four-hundreds when all of a sudden I start to trip out. There's a sudden feeling of disorientation followed by a myriad of vivid colors, loud noises and giddy laughter. It's quickly interrupted when a wave of confusion washes over me; My breath gets caught in my chest and I'm suddenly anxious be normal again. I start to twitch nervously and I squeeze the remote, pressing on the channel-up button. The channel changes and I'm myself again... Why Do LSD When You Can Simply Watch Latin TV?
Whatever the name of this variety show was on Univision is a mystery to me. I didn't stick around long enough to watch any more than this:
Within the span of 10 minutes I saw three very different, very random scenarios. A man dressed in a knock-off Minnie Mouse outfit submerges himself into a fish tank while his "wife" pours bucket after bucket of white lab mice onto him. The crowd claps and laughs as the camera cuts to another couple.
This time the man is decked out to be some kind of man-sized pinata and he's hoisted up a few feet from the ground while his "wife" gets to beat him 76 times... one for every time he clicked on a his computer mouse to download porn off of the internet. (At least that's what the voice-over claims) It's obvious that the audience didn't really need a reason to cheer her on but it was nice to know why.
This time the man is decked out to be some kind of man-sized pinata and he's hoisted up a few feet from the ground while his "wife" gets to beat him 76 times... one for every time he clicked on a his computer mouse to download porn off of the internet. (At least that's what the voice-over claims) It's obvious that the audience didn't really need a reason to cheer her on but it was nice to know why.
The 10 minutes are almost up. I promise. Now this third couple is in a different scenario. He's in a kid's high-chair with a bib, a bonnet and all the kink-standard dressings. Her "job" is apparently to smear baby food (which looks more like mayo and crumbled oreos) all over him. The trumpets blare, the drums ring out a steady beat & a man sings some happy tune. Everyone claps, laughs & begs for more.
I wonder what are my chances of convincing people that I'm a full-blooded Irishman instead of half-hispanic. Latin Television can be embarassing.
I wonder what are my chances of convincing people that I'm a full-blooded Irishman instead of half-hispanic. Latin Television can be embarassing.
No comments:
Post a Comment