Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On Neighbors: Won't You Be Mine?

The neighborhood is a little smaller today since the folks living in the house in front of mine moved out. It all seemed very sudden; 5 days ago I see a garage sale sign and 3 days later I see a moving truck. Of course, the local rumor mill on the block is already leaking stories of legal problems and law enforcement evasion as motivators for the quick getaway. I don't care to learn the details or invest the energy into sifting through truths and lies. I will say this, they were nice people whenever interacting with me. Despite their drama with the other neighbors, I was respected and kindly regarded; I guess a lot can be said about treating someone the way you would like to be treated. Now we've got a FOR SALE sign ushering through a parade of curious buyers; Our street seems a little busier than usual. I wish you could pick my neighbors… that might make coming home a little more likable.

No comments: