Well, most of my friends have already left their musical hearts on their sleeves for all of us to see so it's only fair that I follow suit. Mind you, I loaded two back up disks worth of .mp3s back onto my laptop before shuffling my playlist.
The rules are simple:
Put your iPod on "Shuffle Songs". (Or if you defy iPod and use an alternative) Take the first 20 songs and write a line of lyrics from each. Strike out the song every time someone guesses correctly. NO CHEATING!
(I've updated the list: Correct answers are listed and credited in white.)
01- "When May is rushing over you with desire to be part of the miracles you see in every hour." [Phred: These Are The Days - 10,000 Maniacs] I love the way this song makes me feel.
02- "Quench your thirst with memories; There's no point in being stressed." [Phred: Ace of Base - Hey Darling] Many of my friends can attest that Ace Of Base is my guiltiest pleasure. So many people dislike them. I'm in the minority there.
03- "When I think about me and you sometimes I get a little loud." [Phred: Janet Jackson - "Just a little while"] I need to get this album. I do.
04- "You ain't that good is what you said down to the letter" [Phred: Aerosmith - Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)] I'm in the video!!!
05- "It's not the life I thought it would be but I'll be alright; I know I will be." Phred guessed that it was Beth Hart, that's half right. There was a "be" missing; Thanks Phred.
06- "You have to trust it, maybe not from the sources you've poured yours into." [Phred: Bjork - All Is Full Of Love] She's such a freak. I love her.
07- "Say U want 2 be in the movie stars. Bourgeois, Intercontinental never know where U are." [Phred: Prince - Hollywood] Prince and George Clinton. I think I just peed a little.
08- "I'm just a john you jipped, another sucker stiffed, a walk-on role in the script..." [Phred: The Long Grift - Hedwig and the Angry Inch] Listening to this put me on a mad hunt to find "Origin Of Love..."
09- "Yesterday, I was one of the lonely people, now you're lying close to me." [Phred: Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing] This is my offical walking song. Cuz I'm a sexy thing... and I believe in Miracles... but mostly cuz I'm a sexy thing.
10- "Police pull me over; They don't write no tickets." [Phred: Jacki-O - Pussy] It's All good. I know how you do.
11- "All of the questions in my life will be answered when I decide which road 2 choose." [Phred: Prince - The Question of U] Scroggin' ::SIGH:: What's that? I don't remember anymore.
12- "She say that's where I'll hold you, sleeping like a child."
13- "You took my heartbeat from me. This is the saddest story." [Phred: Kelis - Get Along With You] Back when she was making great music; before the milkshake fiasco.
14- "They think our heads are in their hands but violent use brings violent plans." [Josh: Metallica - Sanitarium.] Very good, Josh. This is perhaps my favorite song from them!
15- "The old dogs have got a new trick: It's called criminalize the symptoms while you spread the disease."
16- "Up on the mic repeating 2 words, over and over again, was this woman he had never noticed before he lost himself in the articulated manner in which she said them." [Phred: Prince - Joy In Repetition] The Whole thing, dude. Though this is one of those songs that I repeat over and over and over.
17- "You wear nothing but you wear it so well, tied up and twisted the way I'd like to be."
18- "I never ever had a lover who put the pedal to the medal." [Phred: The Gap Band - Burn Rubber on Me] One of the best songs in WORLD! EVER!
19- "It started out as something pure and sincere, but now I see the evil within." [Phred: Eiffel 65 - Your Clown] I must agree there; Though, there are several good songs there.
20- "What scared me is that while you're telling me stories you actually believe that they are real."

Lucky for most of you that the shuffle missed all the spanish songs; Maybe next time. So there you go. Chime in with your guesses at your convenience; Dont' forget to provide your name so that I can give you your props! I guess I'll keep from revealing the answers for a week or two.
2 comments:
01- "When May is rushing over you with desire to be part of the miracles you see in every hour." 10,000 Maniacs - These Are The Days
02- "Quench your thirst with memories; There's no point in being stressed." Ace of Base - Hey Darling (Yay! I love this song!)
03- "When I think about me and you sometimes I get a little loud." Janet Jackson - "Just a little while" (I need to dig this abbum out)
04- "You ain't that good is what you said down to the letter" Aerosmith - Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees) (I made really good tips on this song!)
05- "It's not the life I thought it would but I'll be alright; I know I will be." Is this a Beth Hart song? It's escaping me right now. Maybe it's the missing "be".
06- "You have to trust it, maybe not from the sources you've poured yours into." Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (Yay!)
07- "Say U want 2 be in the movie stars. Bourgeois, Intercontinental never know where U are." Prince - Hollywood
08- "I'm just a john you jipped, another sucker stiffed, a walk-on role in the script..." The Long Grift - Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Okay, I think I'm watching this movie tonight)
09- "Yesterday, I was one of the lonely people, now you're lying close to me." You did this on purpose you no good bastard. You knew the moment I looked at this line it would play in a loop in my head for the remainder of this week. I hate you. Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing. Phucker.
10- "Police pull me over; They don't write no tickets." Jacki-O - Pussy (Can you believe I just listened to this last night? I don't know why. I guess I was feeling all ghetto)
11- "All of the questions in my life will be answered when I decide which road 2 choose." "...what is the answer to, the Question of U", Prince. Mmmm. (Total scroggin' music.)
12- "She say that's where I'll hold you, sleeping like a child." Damn...I know this one, but it's just not coming.
13- "You took my heartbeat from me. This is the saddest story." Kelis - Get Along With You
14- "They think our heads are in their hands but violent use brings violent plans." Not ringing any bells.
15- "The old dogs have got a new trick: It's called criminalize the symptoms while you spread the disease." Another that's tingling in the back of my head.
16- "Up on the mic repeating 2 words, over and over again, was this woman he had never noticed before he lost himself in the articulated manner in which she said them." Prince - Joy In Repetition. (Wow, how much of Graffiti Bridge did you have on there???)
17- "You wear nothing but you wear it so well, tied up and twisted the way I'd like to be." Not hitting me either.
18- "I never ever had a lover who put the pedal to the medal." The Gap Band - Burn Rubber on Me
19- "It started out as something pure and sincere, but now I see the evil within." Eiffel 65 - Your Clown (BEST song off that CD)
20- "What scared me is that while you're telling me stories you actually believe that they are real." Meth-Head - Songs in the Key of Adam? No clue, but those lyrics fit my answer.
14 - Metallica "Sanitarium"
Post a Comment