Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On Work: You Aren't The Boss Of Me.... Really.

First of all, don't debate my dedication to the company because I didn't volunteer to travel to one of our communication centers. When I submit my travel availability, I already am considering the needs of the company as well as my own personal needs. Were I not considering the needs of the company, I would be claiming that I can't travel at all and stay at home. Allow me to reference how I've travelled once to Montana, twice to Oregon and twice to Virginia so far in my career as a Trainer. Counting my home office in Florida, that means that I have supported 4 out the 5 communication centers in our company. Along with the many other merits and awards I've earned reflect my devotion to my job and to my employer. That communication center was launched without me, and with plenty of support from other trainers... Don't question where I've been when I never commited to being there in the first place.
There will be other opportunities in which the company will have a need for me. As a matter of fact I've already submitted my availablity (Once again, considering my needs equally with the business' needs) several months in advance. Can you say you've done that? Should the company need me then, I'll be ready to travel. Right now I'm needed at home.




Earn the tenure I've earned, accrue the travel-miles that I've collected from the many other times the company has needed me and then start trying to hold a candle to me.

Until then, fuck off.

No comments: