Monday, August 28, 2006

On TV: Kyle X Y haven't I Been Watching This Sooner?!

Alright so I've been at home for a better part of the day, laying in bed and recharging my batteries after realizing I seriously needed it.

The last few weeks have worn me out and my body finally started showing some tell-tale signs of needing a break. If there's anything that reality TV has taught us it's that immunity is not permanent.

...so anyways. Back to the subject of this post: ABC Family is showing a marathon of their latest (sci-fi?) hit, Kyle XY and I haven't been able to avoid a single episode. The content is PG rated enough to meet the criteria of "family" but the story is paced for anyone with a thirst for a good arc. I watched the pilot when it first aired and found it interesting but time and other obligations got in the way and I never watched another episode. The writers have done well by giving us an inside glimpse by allowing the main character to narrate us through each "new" experience. Then again, narrating seems to be a standard for the latest television hits... take Mary Alice Young, the deceased storyteller behind Desperate Housewives or the troubled Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy.

...err sorry. You'll learn that I'm quite the tangent man. Anyways, so the show is awesome. I'm diggin it. That's about it. Ok, I'm shutting up now. What do you think about it? Let me know. Ok, I'm really shutting up now. See? I told you I was tangent man...

No comments: