Yesterday was a V kind of day. That's one of those days that starts out on a high note, drops drastically midway and then redeems it'self before your head hits the pillow. (Up, down and then up again... V. See?) It started off fine enough; plenty of sleep from the night before left me refreshed and ready. A double shot of Butter Toffee Coffee (a treat I can only get here at the corporate office) kept the happy party in my head marching all through lunch. Then we hit a few lesson plan snags, one delay led to another and my mood continued to decline the slower we moved through the curriculum. I hit an all day low when I realized some extra hours were crucial if I wanted to end the day on mark. News that I might like a new Britney song (I only heard a snippet and it was through a cell phone so the jury is still out, people. Put down your pitchforks) left me dazed as I went back to class and finished out my work day.
Then things started looking up.
I dashed out of work as quick as I could and made plans to meet up with some of the staff at a local haunt called SweetWater Tavern. To start it all off, I got the cheesy crabdip and pita bread along with a 6 glass sampler of their house brews. Highlights included the Ghost Town Pumkin Ale & the Snakebite Black and Tan (a combination of the house pale ale and a dark, chipotle porter.) The conversation at dinner skimmed over the topics of the single/married life, business policies, grandparents, key-lime pies and my balls. (Apparently, talk of the legendary taste of my sweet & sour meatballs have covered many more miles than I have. I'll share that story, and the recipe, some other time.)
As every V day would have it, I went to a home cleverly disguised as a hotel room and called it night while I still had a grin on my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment